Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome July!

July is one of my favorite months. The height of summer! My anniversary month. Fireflies, ice cream, swimming, first garden harvest, fireworks, BBQ's...and much more. KK arrives tomorrow for a long stay and we can't wait. I'm so blessed to have a sissy willing to travel and spend quality time with us. We have lots planned. We are running in our first 5K together. (Scott is too!)

I've been busy preparing...cleaning house and making plans. I met my students that I will be teaching next year. They are a lovely bunch. I'm hoping to get some pre-planning done over the summer to ease the anxiety of going back. Already bought my planner and plugged in the dates. One day at a time.

We've been enjoying our local watering holes....lots of swimming and playing with friends. Scott has been trying new recipes and has been inspired to keep a blog of his own. I love his interest in documenting (like a mini-scrapbook!).

Our garden is flourishing despite our lack of rain. Peas are flowering, corn is inching higher and mini-cukes are on the vine. Our random little pumpkin plant that is growing wild has one little lime sized pumpkin that grows bigger everyday.

So that's what has been going on here....lots of ordinary, wonderful summertime things.

No comments:

Post a Comment