Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mimi's Here


{Here's a photo from two summers ago....it's such a happy one!}
I love my girl so much!

Mimi's here and we are so happy about that. The babes are eating up the attention, especially my girl. I'm always grateful for the distances travelled to be with family for special occasions. Girly graduates from preschool tomorrow. Can hardly believe it!
Seems like we are winding up before we can wind back down around here. Finishing up with odds and ends.
Ran a mile in 11 minutes 2 seconds today, slowing only once for 5 seconds to catch my breath. Making progress one day at a time.

Tonight's dinner was really delicious so I thought I would share.

Roasted Vegetables and Fresh Mozzarella with Homemade Vinaigrette
(make wraps if you wish)

Preheat Oven: 425 degrees

Ingredients:

zucchini diced
eggplant skinned and diced
Vidalia onion sliced
fresh garlic cloves
red pepper sliced
orange pepper sliced
olive oil
kosher salt
fresh mozzerella
vinaigrette (fresh herbs, juice of 2 lemons, olive oil, salt, dijon mustard)
whole wheat wraps

Directions:

Cut up vegetables so that they are all about the same size. Toss with olive oil and Kosher salt in a large pan. Roast for about 45 minutes, or until tender. Be sure to toss every 15 minutes or so. Slice fresh mozzarella. To make vinaigrette, I used small amounts of finely chopped fresh chives, oregano, basil and parsley. Mix in pinch of salt, lemon juice, about 1/4 cup olive oil and teaspoon dijon....mix well with a whisk. I had whole wheat tortillas on hand (which Scott used to make a wrap) but I layered the vegetables, mozzarella and a small amount of the vinaigrette.

Notes/Thoughts:

Wow! What an outstanding meal! It was so fresh and flavorful.
You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand to roast. (same goes with herbs to make the vinaigrette)


No comments:

Post a Comment