Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Buttermilk Cornbread

We LOVE this recipe! I recently made it for a BBQ and it was very well received. It will make your house smell unbelievable, and best of all it's super easy! Although I've changed it up a bit from the original recipe, I like to give credit where credit is due, so I've included the original link. It's a great site.


Buttermilk Cornbread

(adapted from this recipe)


I make this with Scott’s Favorite Chili and eat the leftovers with my coffee the next morning. This recipe is sweet and moist...goes great with BBQ too.



Preheat Oven: 400 degrees


Ingredients:


1 cup stone ground cornmeal

1 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup salted butter (melted, but not hot)

2/3 cup buttermilk (lowfat works just fine)

2 eggs

spray oil (I like Pam olive oil spray)


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a pie plate with Pam olive oil spray. Cut a circle out of parchment or wax paper and line bottom of plate.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.



3. Pour in butter, buttermilk, and eggs, mix well.




4. Pour thick mixture into prepared pie plate.

5. Cook for about 20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and center springs back when touched.




Notes/Thoughts


*I almost always use Land O Lakes Sweet Cream Salted butter, so I frequently leave salt out of recipes. I also don't like oil in my baked goods, so I substitute butter.

*I promise this recipe won't disappoint, and can be used in so many ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment