Monday, May 17, 2010

Faith

Faith can be defined many different ways. It's something that is hard to explain and teach. I've been thinking a lot about having faith, both in my God and Jesus Christ, and in other aspects of my life. So much of faith is believing in something/someone when there is no proof (at least not always immediate or visible). One of the questions that non-believers, skeptics and even one that I ask myself sometimes is how do I believe in something that I can't always see or know for sure to be true....and the answer is always the same....it's a matter of faith. I've reached a point where I feel like my overall Christian faith is not questioned....it's the little, everyday things that I question. And yet, I am constantly reminded that God is FAITHFUL, and that He will always provide. I am reminded when I see the perfection of a newborn...LIFE!

I am reminded when I hear the baby birds chirping in the nest on my deck...LIFE! I am reminded when I see the sun come up and go down EVERYDAY! I am reminded when God provides for me...DAILY!

I pray for a stronger, more steadfast Faith. Believing has alleviated so much stress in my life and has brought abundant JOY! God tells us not to worry, but to believe in Him. It amazes me how easy it is to have faith in earthly things....like having faith that my car will start each morning and that my lights will go on when I flip the switch. Through experience, TRUST, time....we gain faith. When I was going through pre-marital counseling as a prerequisite to getting married, the subject of faith came up. I remember asking the Pastor about defining faith. He asked me, "how do you know that a chair is going to hold you up before you sit in it?" It's not something that you really think about before you sit each and every time, is it? You just believe, or have faith.




Where have I been faithful? When do I need to be faithful? How can I show my children what being faithful looks like? Faith opens doors....

No comments:

Post a Comment