Saturday, May 22, 2010

Proud

I've been thinking about the things that have been making my heart swell up with pride lately. Not the bad, egotistical pride, but the kind of happy pride that makes you appreciate and recognize achievements.

*Little guy has been talking so much. (about 15 months, 3 weeks) He clearly says/shakes his head for yes and no. Loves to say, "choo, choo", "go", "cuppa" and so much more. At bedtime he whispers, "shhhhhh" when I rock him and will gently turn my head back to face him if I look away. Loves to make many animal sounds that include frog, fish, dog, dinosaur, snake and recently (after playing with the Burt's Bees soap container), BZZZZZ!

*Big sister is writing a ton. SHe'll leave notes (of guilt) around the house for us. Her favorite and most frequent is, "I NEED A DOG NOW"!!! She is patient and kind with her brother, and loves being a mother hen. She loves being with people and interacting will everyone. Love her personality.

*I'm happy for my dearest friend who is getting ready to embark on a new adventure (a few actually) and will hopefully have a bit more peace from the added space.

*I'm happy for a friend who is moving forward with her life in a wonderful way. I'm proud of her attitude and example for her children.

Feeling so thankful today for the people that God has dropped into my life. I am continually amazed with His timing....

No comments:

Post a Comment