Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer List, Cool Find, CC Cookies

I was so inspired to make a SUMMER LIST from a beautiful blog I read (Thanks Megan!). We made one last night. It was fun, and the poster board filled up quickly. She really wanted me to put on there, "get a dog" and I would love to get her one....just not this summer. I added one of my personal goals, "run a 5K". But this list is mostly about the babes.

Have you seen or used the Ball brand Freezer containers? I stumbled upon them at Wal-Mart while shopping for canning supplies the other day. We've pretty much done away with plastic containers for drinking or storage use in our home. Anything plastic that had gone through the dishwasher or was used to freeze or reheat something was recycled. We replaced all of those with stainless steel drinking containers and glass storage. Anything left that is plastic in our kitchen is hand washed and never put in the freezer or microwave. These Ball brand storage containers are plastic, but are BPA free, come in various sizes, have screw-on tight lids and stack.

I made THESE chocolate chip cookies. Thank you Martha! They are THE BEST recipe I've ever made when it comes to cookies. Classic and delicious. I doubled the recipe and made some mini-logs rolled in wax paper and am freezing them for an instant treat. If you live nearby, come on over and you can have one! :)

I need to charge my camera battery so I can take photos and share our growing garden. Last Friday of preschool for my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment