Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Light

I'm drawn to natural light. It affects me deeply. When we've had consecutive cloudy days, I can feel my mood shift. I love the feeling of the sun on my skin. Things have been busy and a bit crazy around here this past week. Lots of end of the year celebrating, Mimi was here, wrapping up school for Scott and one little babe feeling under the weather. Been spinning my wheels and not getting too far, so to speak. Keeping things at status quo gets to me. I want those piles of wash put away. I need to have all the "stuff" taking up space in my house either put back in the right place, or I want it gone.

When I glanced out the window, later in the afternoon a few days ago...I saw the most beautiful light. It had already gotten darker, gray clouds looming and my energy was spent. I stopped in my tracks, grabbed my camera and ran outside. These photos really don't fully capture what I was seeing. The breeze was blowing and this beautiful light was shining across the valley; it looked like a spotlight. I was reminded of God's love. I felt touched and lifted up.




I hope I can remember this day. I need to remind myself of the beauty that surrounds me in so many ways. Sometimes noticing the light is the first step.


No comments:

Post a Comment