Friday, June 4, 2010

today

So much going on the past few days, and in the next few weeks to come. Summer has officially started in my mind, marked by lightning bugs, thunderstorms and alas....our GARDEN is in. Memories of my garden as a kid are some of the best and most influential that I can remember....so many lessons and visions came from the garden. My girl and I got dirty yesterday in our two 8 x 4 plots now that our deer fence has been rebuilt and new top soil has been added. We chose 19 varieties of herbs, flowers, fruits and vegetables. It was fun letting her pick where and what she wanted to plant. I'll have to post a more in-depth story of the "WHAT" and "WHERE" of our planting. I want to record what came back and some other details. Getting those seeds in is a huge deal, as the clock was ticking...and timing becomes important.

Life around here has been about organizing, re-budgeting, and thinking ahead a bit so we can enjoy today without worry. For me, it has also been about looking for all the positives and enjoying the next few months at home to the fullest...as the reality of going back to work sets in. The gifts I have been given and my experiences will most definitely influence my life back in the classroom . The gift of having children of my own, both a boy and a girl. Having a school-aged child, and the perspective that will give me. The love of photography, gardening and all things crafty...so many opportunities to share, so many possibilities.

Life around here has been about drops of milk and blueberry juice on the floor. Distinguishing the "nice" quiet moments from the, "why is it so quiet in the other room" moments. Sibling love and growth. Releasing my girl out into the world and then picking her up full of happiness. The ending of Preschool is bittersweet. Checking the calendar constantly because I can't remember anything that isn't written down. Planning vacations, reservations and ordering a new carrier for my boy. Realizing that certain things are NOT my job and letting them go. Running a little more, a little farther and dealing with a body that requires maintenance to stay healthy (and trimmer). Wanting to sew, setting aside special outfits and fabrics for quilting. Passing on what we no longer need, making room to live. Making room to THRIVE. Live is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment